Monday, July 11, 2011

Too Much Time...

(Click on photo to view a larger image.)

I'm not even going to attempt to play catch up with the events of the last six months.There's far too much to remember so I'll start with the most recent events. Last Sunday, July 3, 2011, three of my father's siblings gathered at his house: his oldest sister, Iris and her daughter Joann, His brother Manuel and youngest sister Gladys and her husband Sammy. Of them, Iris was the one who drew my attention the most because I hadn't seen her in over 30 years. As a result none of my children ever met her and I didn't remember my cousin Joann at all. Manuel and Gladys have been to my father's several times in the past few years so I've been able to catch up with them. Since Gladys lives in Florida and Iris lives in Tennessee, it's not likely they will be able to get together very frequently in the future so I took this opportunity to gather some genealogical information for my family tree.

Out came the old photo albums, the reminiscences, the laughter and the inevitable difference of opinion as to how things really happened way back when. My son and nephews were pretty much out of the loop since the events being discussed occurred close to 50 years ago but I'm glad they were there to share the moment. I remembered to bring my camera and tripod and managed to snap this family portrait to commemorate the moment. I have no doubt that this will become one of those treasured images in the years to come.


Ballo ergo sum,
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment