Monday, December 3, 2007

Will somebody PLEASE give me a break

After nearly three months of non-stop health issues, I thought I was finally on the mend by Thanksgiving when my doctor gave me the all clear on a nasty infection that had vexed my right ear for a couple of weeks. I had finally begun some preliminary research on my thesis and had attended some social events that put me in direct contact with people associated with my area of interest (Puerto Rican bomba, if you're curious). I was making some (very slow) progress towards creating my thesis proposal for presentation to my advisor. Things seemed to be going well and I thought I was finally going to get my life back on track.

FAT CHANCE. Not one week after I stopped taking the medication for my ear, the infection resurfaced, oozing all manner of pestilence and announcing its presence with a most painful throbbing. Now I'm alternating between two different medications for my ear in the hope that something will work. Enough already! Between doctor visits, housework and family issues, my schoolwork is constantly being placed on the back burner. This time I'm determined to finish this proposal and move forward with my thesis. Otherwise I could still be in school when I'm ready to retire. No way I'm gonna let that happen.

Ballo ergo sum,
Always and All Ways,
Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment