Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Long Haul

It has been nearly three months since I've posted here. Believe me it wasn't for lack of things to write about. On the contrary, there was waaaay too much to write about. I have been kept so busy that I have to schedule time to breathe. My garden has been a big time and labor intensive venture. There has been so much rain this summer that the flowers AND the weeds are growing like wildfire. No sooner than I pull a weed that two grow in its place.

Then there's Marla, our adorable beagle. We have been acclimating to her presence as much as she had been acclimating to us. It hasn't always been an easy row to hoe. She demands lots of time and attention, something else that has to be wiggled into my schedule, like it or not.

Getting my younger daughter ready for her summer activities was another time eater. She spent two weeks in North Carolina with my older daughter, then returned to immediately take off for a month as a camp counselor. I met her in North Carolina during her second week and we both returned at the same time. Then my son went to NC upon our return. The travel arrangements alone for the three of us took up a big chunk of my time.

The clothes dryer motor burned out and needed replacing. The stair steps leading to the second floor are cracked and need replacing. Cooking, cleaning, washing, folding, shopping, gardening. Whew, it's been an exhausting few months. I guess that why it's called houseWORK. I can't imagine how anyone has the time to watch television. There's just too much to do.

Now if we stay-at-home moms who work like animals 24-7 could only get the respect we deserve (and the paycheck to match), we could truly rule the world.

I'll try to be more diligent about posting. Maybe I could find some time in the mornings...right after I pull those weeds.

Ballo ergo sum,
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment